INEL Innovations, Volume 6, September 1991, BP444-1091-3Mr-T
Idaho Falls, ID: INEL/EG&G Idaho, Inc., 1991. Presumed first edition/first printing thus. Wraps. 45,  p. Includes: illustrations, diagrams. The federal research facility was established in 1949 as the "National Reactor Testing Station" (NRTS). In 1975, the Atomic Energy Commission (AEC) was divided into the Energy Research and Development Administration (ERDA) and the Nuclear Regulatory Commission (NRC). The Idaho site was for a short time named ERDA and then subsequently renamed to the "Idaho National Engineering Laboratory" (INEL) in 1977 with the creation of the Department of Energy (DOE) under President Carter. After two decades as INEL, the name was changed again to the "Idaho National Engineering and Environmental Laboratory" (INEEL) in 1997. Throughout its lifetime, there have been more than 50 one-of-a-kind nuclear reactors built by various organizations at the facility for testing; all but three are out of service. On Feb. 1, 2005, Battelle Energy Alliance took over operation of the lab from Bechtel, merged with Argonne National Laboratory-West, and the facility name was changed to "Idaho National Laboratory" (INL). At this time the site's clean-up activities were moved to a separate contract, the Idaho Cleanup Project, which is managed by CH2M-WG Idaho. Research activities were consolidated in the newly named Idaho National Laboratory. Condition: Very good. No dust jacket. Cover has slight wear and soiling.
Keywords: Research and Technology Applications, ORTA, Technology Transfer, Rocket Engine, Phosphate Solubilization, Membrane Research, Neural Networks, Risk Analysis, Magnetic Shielding